Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My husband gives our 10 week old cockapoo milk left in the…

Customer Question
My husband gives our...

My husband gives our 10 week old cockapoo milk left in the cereal bowl..is milk good for dogs or not?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the Cockapoo?

No problem re the dog...the question relates to milk..should a dog eat/drink milk?

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the Cockapoo's name?

Megan

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Megan?

No, she's doing just fine

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/14/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Richard Rawling,
 replied 8 months ago
Richard Rawling

Hi, i`m Richard, a Veterinarian from the UK. Hopefully I can help today.

Dog Veterinarian: Richard Rawling,
 replied 8 months ago

Mill is not necessarily bad for dogs but it can cause diarrhea. There is nothing toxic or poisonous or "bad" about milk for the dogs digestive system, but they don`t always tolerate it well. I don`t think your husband is causing harm giving milk from the cereal bowl, however if she develops signs of diarrhea, then it would certainly be worth stopping this habit.

Encouraging her to eat/drink from human bowls/plates/cups etc can be a problem with scavenging and counter surfing, so bear this in mind!

Richard Rawling
Richard Rawling
Richard Rawling