Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

My husbands dog Has tapeworms he bought wormer and gave her

Customer Question

My husbands dog Has tapeworms he bought wormer and gave her the correct dose on Friday: but with the wrong kind ( it doesn't kill the tapeworms it's for hook and round worms- when can I safely redose her with the correct deworming med
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations the dog can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Her name is ***** ***** she's a healthy hyper 4 yrs old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Trixi?
Customer: No other than the worms are effecting her appetite, she's not as hungry… that's why I needed to know when I can SAFELY redose her
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

1- What is the name or active ingredient of the medication he used?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
4.54 mg of pyrantel base

Friend, I would use a dewormer called Praziquantel against tapeworms, you can use it immediately no need to wait. Give it at label dose; this will get rid of the tapeworms. You can buy Praziquantel online, pet store or vet's office.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any follow-up questions don't hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service. See you again soon!

Dr. Peter

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It is sentry worm X DS removes large roundworm and hookworms

Friend, sentry has praziquantel as part of the ingredients which should get rid of tapeworms.