Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Ive just found out that my vet has retired. Is it possible…

Customer Question
ive just found out that...
ive just found out that my vet has retired.
Is it possible to get a script for nirolone that is working very well to calm her and stop her nervous scratching?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
8/7/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 6 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Good morning, Christine. Unfortunately, we do not write prescriptions on this website. Licensing requirements include a veterinarian being able to form a valid client-patient relationship with a hands-on examination. That said, I may be able to assist you in finding a veterinarian in your area to see since your vet has retired. If you'd like my help with this, I'll need your location.

Mmm. I'll be able to find my own.
Can't believe l just paid for a vetinary consult, just to be told I can't actually get one.
I think you need to state clearly on your website that you can't write scripts.
Also needs to state that the consult may not be with a licensed vet.
All a bit unsatisfactory really.
Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian