Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

She is 15 years and 3 months. The past. Few nights she

Customer Question

She is 15 years and 3 months. The past. Few nights she starts to pant and shake uncontrollably when we go to bed. She sleeps with us. . I let her out and she may do her business or urinate even though we let her out right before bed.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Peanut
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: The past 4 hours she has had diarrhea. It is liquid. I have put her on chicken and rice. She will not eat the rice. She is 9 1/2 lbs. she is still drinking thoughj
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) Have there been any changes to the diet? New food? New treats? Bones? Has any human food been fed? Torn up toys? Stressful changes to the environment?

2) When did Peanut last have bloodwork?

3) Did I understand correctly she's defecating and urinating in your bed?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Was feeding her a combo of beef and turkey. Changed after her diarrhea (she messed in the house as she was running to the door. And outside. Was going to call her vet tomorrow and bring her in to get blood work. No she is not messing in our bed.

Can you tell me more about the beef and turkey? Is this a dog food you're feeding? ground beef/turkey? raw?

Any vomiting?