How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Peter Your Own Question
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Category: Dog Veterinary
Satisfied Customers: 31112
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683
Type Your Dog Veterinary Question Here...
Dr. Peter is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ate a grape she weighs 8.5 I have given 8 mil preorxide

Customer Question

My ate a grape she weighs 8.5 I have given 8 mil preorxide what should I do now
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: Dog
JA: OK. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: 11 years chauccca
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Hershey
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Hershey?
Customer: She just had dental surgery last wendesday
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 months ago.

Friend, 1 single grape is not going to be toxic for Hershey. You see, the lowest toxic dose of grapes in dogs is 0.7 oz/kg; this means that an 8 lbs dog would need to ingest at least 2.5 oz of grapes to be concerned about acute renal failure. Hershey will be fine, no need to make her vomit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any follow-up questions don't hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service. See you again soon!

Dr. Peter