Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

My ate a grape she weighs 8.5 I have given 8 mil preorxide

Customer Question

My ate a grape she weighs 8.5 I have given 8 mil preorxide what should I do now
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: Dog
JA: OK. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: 11 years chauccca
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Hershey
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Hershey?
Customer: She just had dental surgery last wendesday
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Friend, 1 single grape is not going to be toxic for Hershey. You see, the lowest toxic dose of grapes in dogs is 0.7 oz/kg; this means that an 8 lbs dog would need to ingest at least 2.5 oz of grapes to be concerned about acute renal failure. Hershey will be fine, no need to make her vomit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any follow-up questions don't hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service. See you again soon!

Dr. Peter