Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

We have 2 dogs and one of them ate about 10 tablets of proin…

Customer Question
We have 2 dogs...

We have 2 dogs and one of them ate about 10 tablets of proin it likely was our lab she is 4 yeArs old and takes a 1/2 pill twice a day typically we don't know what time she ate them or if it was both dogs they both seem fine they ate dinner with no issues and no signs of throwing up.

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. What is the dog's name?

Sadie

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Sadie?

No she is perfectly healthy lab no other health concerns or issues we are out of town and someone is taking care of our dogs they ate the tablets sometime between 830 this morning and 5:00 pm tonight.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
8/7/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Schmidt, Dog Veterinarian replied 6 months ago
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Dog Veterinarian

Hello, this is Dr. Schmidt. I would say as long as everyone seems to be acting normally, I would just go ahead and monitor for tonight. The main side effect of this medication when taking too much is hypertension, which they usually exhibit restlessness, sometimes they will vomit or have diarrhea, but usually they can't sit still. If you notice any of these signs, I would get them to the vet tonight. Otherwise, I wouldn't worry about it. Let me know if you have any other questions.

If you have a moment to fill out a positive review (by clicking on the **stars** at the top of the page) for me I would greatly appreciate it. This is the only way the website can credit me for my time. Thank you so much and good luck!

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Katherine Schmidt
Everything is good now, we did take her to the hospital and they kept her overnight to monitor her, she was back to herself the next morning.
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Dog Veterinarian