Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

I was removing nmail polish with cotton bal and it it

Customer Question

i was removing nmail polish with cotton bal and it it natural nail posh reprted to be made of minerals, no smaell it has a lettle red nail polish on cotton on ball i have just given her hydrogen peroxide to induce vomiting in case. How taxic is the natural remeover and gel nail poslish
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Did you see what the dog ate?
Customer: nail posh remover that is natural
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: no
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 2 months ago.

Hi,I'm Dr Scott. Welcome to JustAnswer, I am working on your question now, you can expect a written reply sometime within the next ten minutes or so.

Hello again,

Basically your dog should be just fine, however I have worked out a fuller answer for you below.

1. Actually my experience is that these sorts of products are not that toxic to dogs in the quantity you mention, in fact many dogs will not suffer any sort of adverse symptoms but a few may experience a mild transient bout of vomiting and / or diarrhoea.

2. You did not do wrong in inducing vomiting, but really all you need to do is just to monitor your dog for now. But in any case I should be available online for you the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate to get straight back to me if your dog's condition changes in any way or if you would like to talk things over with me further.

Regards,

Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue. Such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Hello again,

I am just checking back in to see how your dog is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the nail polish remover incident ...

Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.

Regards,

Dr Scott