Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My 4 mo old puppy started off the day like normal. We've had…

Customer Question
My 4 mo old...

My 4 mo old puppy started off the day like normal. We've had lots of activity visiting family today. He played well and then fell asleep in my daughters arms. She went to put him down to fix dinner and after she laid him down she shook all over for a few seconds. Since then he's seemed wobbly and not much energy. Tries to play but then will lay down and just observe, which isn't normal for him. Should I worry?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the puppy. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the puppy?

He's up to date on his shots. Vet has always said at his appointments he looks good, blood work& stools have always been normal.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
8/7/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 1 year ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) When did he last eat?

2) Can you describe the shaking? Did she lose consciousness or just shake similar to following a bath?

3) Any vomiting or diarrhea?

4) Have there been any changes to the diet? New food? New treats? Bones? Has any human food been fed? Torn up toys?