Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My Russel Chiuahua cross has a persistent round dry

Customer Question

My Jack Russel Chiuahua cross has a persistent round dry yellowish rash on boney prominences, belly area, and up his sides. It is not itchy and can be peeled off but unfortunately his hair goes with it and does not grow back, leaving a scary looking coat. He has nevered had much fur. He is on a raw chickened based diet. We have tried other diets without success. He is a very active farm dog and is outside as long as it is not to cold.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the jack's name and age?
Customer: Pico is 4He does not have fleas. , never has. We have been to a vet many many times, with no results. He does not have a clue about it. Pico has been treated with just about every thing. Do dogs get psoriasis?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your jack?
Customer: No can't think of anything but the fact is persistents through the year. Super, super active guy!
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share a few pictures of what you're seeing?