Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My Russel Chiuahua cross has a persistent round dry

Customer Question
My Jack Russel...

My Jack Russel Chiuahua cross has a persistent round dry yellowish rash on boney prominences, belly area, and up his sides. It is not itchy and can be peeled off but unfortunately his hair goes with it and does not grow back, leaving a scary looking coat. He has nevered had much fur. He is on a raw chickened based diet. We have tried other diets without success. He is a very active farm dog and is outside as long as it is not to cold.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the jack's name and age?

Pico is 4He does not have fleas. , never has. We have been to a vet many many times, with no results. He does not have a clue about it. Pico has been treated with just about every thing. Do dogs get psoriasis?

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your jack?

No can't think of anything but the fact is persistents through the year. Super, super active guy!

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
8/6/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 6 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share a few pictures of what you're seeing?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian