Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Our dog is having some issues with his eyes. He was fine…

Customer Question
Our dog is having...

Our dog is having some issues with his eyes. He was fine this morning then all of a sudden he couldn't open his eyes. And when he does open them the third eyelid is covering up half of his eye and his pupils look a bit more cloudy than normal. Also his eyes look a bit goopy. He's acting normal and I have checked his vitals and they are fine it's just his eyes are bothering him. We've tried just flushing them out but that seems to only help for a few minutes. Have any ideas?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?

Deuce

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?

Not that I can think of. He is a Pit Doberman mix if that helps at all

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
8/6/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Scott Perry, Dog Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Scott Perry
Scott Perry, Dog Veterinarian

Hello. My name is***** and I am a veterinarian that can answer your question. I understand that Deuce is keeping his eyes closed, and there is a cloudy appearance in his pupils, and also mucus in both eyes. Is that a correct summary?