Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I just adopted a dog last Sunday. They gave me albon to give

Customer Question

Hi, I just adopted a dog last Sunday. They gave me albon to give him and a dewormer. Today I noticed a little mucous/blood in his poop. He doesn't have vomiting/appetite loss and his poop was normal other than that
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: He's been a fan of chewing on leaves, paper, twigs when I'm not looking
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Watson and he's 3 months
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Watson?
Customer: Not that I know of, I'm trying to call the rescue for more information but they are not picking up unfortunately
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

How much blood did you see (spoonful, more or less)?

Was the stool very firm?

Have you had him on a new diet? Was he slowly weaned onto that?