Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I just adopted a dog last Sunday. They gave me albon to give…

Customer Question
Hi, I just adopted...

Hi, I just adopted a dog last Sunday. They gave me albon to give him and a dewormer. Today I noticed a little mucous/blood in his poop. He doesn't have vomiting/appetite loss and his poop was normal other than that

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?

He's been a fan of chewing on leaves, paper, twigs when I'm not looking

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name and age?

Watson and he's 3 months

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Watson?

Not that I know of, I'm trying to call the rescue for more information but they are not picking up unfortunately

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
8/6/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

How much blood did you see (spoonful, more or less)?

Was the stool very firm?

Have you had him on a new diet? Was he slowly weaned onto that?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian