Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I have a 5 lb. Chiuaua she has had diarrha for past 2 days.

Customer Question
I have a 5...

I have a 5 lb. Chiuaua she has had diarrha for past 2 days. Today there is a lot of blood in it. Has not eaten all day Saturday. I'm A truck driver sitting at a truck stop in Commerce Ga. I need to know how to help her

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?

A tea cup chiwuawua(spelled wrong)

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. The Expert will know if the Chihuahua will be able to digest that. What is the Chihuahua's name?

Gracie

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Gracie?

71/2 years old. Threw up 3 times last time it was brown in color

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/6/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Is Gracie up to date on vaccinations?

How much blood are you seeing (cupful, spoonful, etc)?

Was her vomit brown like her dog food or like coffee grounds?

Can she keep water down?

Are her gums pink or white/pale? Moist or sticky?

If you press on her belly, any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?

Could she have eaten anything harmful (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, human meds, etc)?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian