Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My dog just got in a trash bag about an hour ago and may

Customer Question

My dog just got in a trash bag about an hour ago and may have ingested the following:
1 Trintellix (10mg)
1 Adderall XR (30mg)
1 Levoxyl (75mcg)
1 Spironolactone (25 Mg)
How dangerous is this? What should be done?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

How many hours ago did this happen?

How much does Milton weigh?

How is he just now?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
This happened at 9:30pm cdt, last night. Milton weighs about 22 pounds.
At first he seemed unusually agitated. By about 3:30am, he had mostly calmed down and fell asleep. Today he seems fine, other than he didn't pee until about noon. He did continue to eat and drink water as usual. He now seems totally back to normal. We have been monitoring his pulse, and it's bee steady at about 100 - 108 beats per minutes.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Typo: meant to say his pulse has BEEN steady.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again,

Now I am glad to hear that he is now well. The Levoxyl and Spironolactone were pretty safe drugs and if anything could have caused short term agitation, increased thirst and urination but thankfully will have no long term effects. For the, Trintellix at that dose would have caused abdominal muscle contraction, drooling, vomiting, stiff body, whining, slight tremor, and slight sedation. So it may have been what had him agitated and then sleep but again at this stage we'd be out of the woods of more severe signs. Finally, as the Adderall is an extended release, we could still see (and again it was likely partly responsible for his signs) agitation, hyperactivity, rapid heart rate, panting, wobbliness, and muscle tremours. So, at this point you have done well and we'd just want to keep things calm and monitor that his pulse stays <160 bpm at rest. We could still give activated charcoal (22-44 grams for his size) but given the time frame its fine to just keep things calm, quiet, and keep an eye on him. But we'd hope that all of this would be out of his system over the next 12-24 hours.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

******************************************************************************

I aim to provide best care for you just as I do for my own clients & their pets. If you have any other questions, please ask – I’m happy to help but please rate me with the **STARS** (or leave a written rating of 1-5; 5 being great) as this is the only way I am credited for my work by the site & this allows me to continue to help here. This is included in your question fee. Once you rate, your question will not close & you can still ask follow-up questions. Thank you. : )**