Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

11 week old puppy is having issues with pain in his back hip

Customer Question

11 week old puppy is having issues with pain in his back hip joints. Cannot get him into get til Monday. What can I give him for pain? The pain is getting bad enough that I am having to force feed him and hydrate him.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Peanut he is half shutout a d half someday an
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: He just had his first set of shots a week ago
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but wanted to touch base with you about Peanut.

Now if he is in severe pain, it would be worth having him seen by a local urgent care vet to avoid him suffering. Otherwise our only home option would be to use a low dose of Aspirin (More Info/Dose HERE) every 12-24 hours after food. Of course, if you use this make sure his vet is aware when he is seen as they will have to adjust what pain relief they use for him until this is out of his system (where they'll have to avoid non-steroidal anti-inflammatories and use Tramadol or Buprenorphine for the short term) to avoid any interaction. But that would be our one option at home at this stage.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

******************************************************************************

I aim to provide best care for you just as I do for my own clients & their pets. If you have any other questions, please ask – I’m happy to help but please rate me with the **STARS** (or leave a written rating of 1-5; 5 being great) as this is the only way I am credited for my work by the site & this allows me to continue to help here. This is included in your question fee. Once you rate, your question will not close & you can still ask follow-up questions. Thank you. : )**

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. B.