Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

She has skin lesions that look like open sores. She also has…

Customer Question
She has skin lesions...

She has skin lesions that look like open sores. She also has a massive growth on her right forepaw

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the cat's name and age?

Her name is ***** ***** is 7 years old.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Splotchy?

She also is suffering from vomiting and diarrhea

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
8/6/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 6 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

How long have these skin lesions been present?

Where are they on her body?

Can you take a photo so I can see what you are seeing? To post it, you can use the paper clip button on the tool bar above the text box (last icon). Or if you cannot see that, then post it on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr Instagram, etc) & paste the link here for me.

Can she keep water down?

Are her gums pink or white/pale? Moist or sticky?

If you press on her belly, any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?

Could she have eaten anything harmful (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, human meds, etc)?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian