Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dogs got in to a old used raid fly ribbon I don't think…

Customer Question
My dogs got in...

My dogs got in to a old used raid fly ribbon I don't think the ate it but could have bitten it

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?

It might be 3 of them chipy 10 missy 2 arial 8

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

1 is chippy 10

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your dog?

No 2 dog arial 7

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
8/6/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian

Hi,I'm Dr Scott. Welcome to JustAnswer, I am working on your question now, you can expect a written reply sometime within the next ten minutes or so.

But before I can start I need a little more information to make things clearer to me, so could you please confirm the following :

1. How long ago did this happen { How minutes or hours ago } ?

10 hrs

Are any of your dogs showing adverse symptoms at this point ?

It doesn't look like it there all sleeping now

Hello again,

I have worked out an answer for you below.

1. I thought that might be the case, for them to have adverse side effects they would actually have to swallow quite a bit of the tape, just biting into it is not likely to cause problems. In any case if side effects were going to occur they would have done so quite some time ago, probably within the first two hours after ingestion.

2. From what you have told me so far the chances are your dogs are going to be just fine, so really can forget the issue. But in any case I should be available online for you the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate to get straight back to me if any of your dog's condition changes in any way or if you would like to talk things over with me further.

Regards,

Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue. Such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Thank you can i rate the service tomorrow morning?

Of course, no problem.

Please let me know how things go ....

Dr Scott

Hello again,

I am just checking back in to see how your dogs are getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the raid fly ribbon ...

Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.

Regards,

Dr Scott

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian