Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Taking care of my daughter's dog. She has hip dysplasia. One…

Customer Question
Taking care of my...

Taking care of my daughter's dog. She has hip dysplasia. One of the medicines is a liquid with bottle marked ECCA. Can you tell me what it is?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with your daughter's dog?

Hip problem.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does your daughter's dog seem to hurt?

Hips

Veterinarian's Assistant: Can you see anything that looks wrong or different?

Having problem standing and walking. She's been to a vet. One of the meds prescribed is marked ECCA

Veterinarian's Assistant: Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name and age?

Puppy. She's pretty old. Don't know age exactly. teens I'd say

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Puppy

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your daughter's puppy?

I just want to know what ECCA is and how important it is as she refuses to take it.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
8/6/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I am not set up to do phone calls but would be happy to answer any questions you do have online. IF YOU GET REQUEST FOR A PHONE CALL, IT IS FROM THE WEBSITE AND NOT MYSELF. JUST IGNORE IT. In order to give an informative and concise answer, it may take a few minutes before I respond back to you, so don't be alarmed if you don't hear back immediately. If you have not responded back in 10 minutes, it may be a longer before I can get back to you. I do have a couple more questions, though, to see if I can better assess your situation.

Are you sure it doesn't say ECASA?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't think so. It's a liquid. Also takes tramadol and Panta* (?)

Thanks. I have never heard of ECCA and cannot find anything about it online. The only thing that comes close is ECASA, which is enteric coated aspirin. I will opt out to allow other vets to see this. Hopefully one of them will have better insight for you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Got message to go to myjustanswer.com/app/s/utKlm. Should I?