Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Trouble breathing, coughing but responding quickly to dox,

Customer Question
Trouble breathing, coughing but...

Trouble breathing, coughing but responding quickly to dox

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Coughing can be worrying. The Expert will know what you should do. What is the dog's name and age?

Katie. 16? Rescued golden

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Katie?

Had mamory tumors, possible brain tumor seizures

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
8/5/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian replied 11 months ago
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

I am sorry to hear about Katie coughing, and also having mammary tumors and seizures.

It is good she is responding to doxycycline. That is the antibiotic of choice for respiratory infections in dogs, and if this is due to an infection, a 10 day course of doxycycline might be all she needs.

If the cough continues, I would consider a chest Xray if that has not been done, especially since she is older.

What are you doing for the tumors, and the seizures?

I have not heard back from you; how is Katie doing?

Please let me know if my answer was helpful and if I can answer any other questions you may have.