Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog is secreting a clear substance from either her or her…

Customer Question
My dog is secreting a...
My dog is secreting a clear substance from either her butt or her uretha but there is no odor
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/5/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 9 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Hi, Debora. Can you tell me more about how/where this has been witnessed? Any scooting behavior on the floor or ground? Does she have a history of illness or injury?

No scooting just leaving wet spots then her licking herself i just adopted her two weeks ago so i dont have a medical history
Right now all she has is an ear infection for which im applying drops

Where is she leaving wet spots?

What part of her body is she licking?

On bedding and furniture licking her pee/butt area

Does she lick between her legs or with her legs together and around her side/under her tail?

Are the spots droplets or puddles?

Have you witnessed any blood?

Between her legs...puddles no blood

Based on the information you have shared, this sounds like a urinary concern. My anticipation is that you're seeing symptoms of a urinary tract infection. This is unlikely to warrant an emergency visit so long as her symptoms don't worsen over the course of the weekend, but I would recommend taking her to see your vet come Monday morning, at the latest, to have a urine sample obtained and examined. Make sure that she does not express her bladder in the grass before you enter the clinic. They need to collect urine during her visit. Based on what is found, a wide range of recommendations may be made. Typically the infection, if present, can be addressed with a simple course of antibiotics and symptoms improve within a few days.

I hope this information has been helpful. I will be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further. Also, before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. A 5-star rating is appreciated as top notch answers are my focus. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply so that I may help until you’ve received the assistance you need. Until you issue a rating, the website will not compensate me for helping you. You will still be able to chat with me even after issuing a rating at no further charge on this thread.

I will also check in with you over the next few days to be sure you don’t need any additional assistance. If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

Checking in. How is Bella?

PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse