Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog has little pimple like bumps on her back. She doesnt

Customer Question

Hello. My dog has little pimple like bumps on her back. She doesnt seem in pain or anything.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Cassie. She's 6.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Cassie?
Customer: She also has what I believe to be a fatty tumor on her back. Its been there for a couple of years. Hasnt changed in size or location.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Alleyne replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? How long has this been going on for? Is Cassie itchy at all? Can you take a picture of the bumps?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No. She's not itchy. Not more than usual. She has allergies but we can usually keep it managed. And I can't get a good angle of the bumps.

Okay that is understandable with the picture. How are you managing the allergies.? Since she has a history of allergies it may be a minor allergy flare up that is causing the bumps . If that is the case then she may need to be placed on antibiotics to help them go away and allergy medication if she is not on them already until the flare up goes away

Let me know if you have any further questions