Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My female staff, spayed 3yr old has 1 swollen nipple i just…

Customer Question
My female staff, spayed...

My female staff, spayed 3yr old has 1 swollen nipple i just noticed it

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?

Sally 3 years old

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Her name is*****: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Sally?

She has some pretty bad allergies to most proteins but i watch her diet like a hawk so i don't believe it has anything to do with tghat

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/5/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

There should be no sex hormone influence on the nipples of a spayed dog and so I'm wondering if the nipple is hyperplastic (benign growth of normal tissue) or perhaps traumatized/infected. Can you upload a photo(s) of this nipple to our conversation? You can upload photos by using the paperclip or add file icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see those icons on your particular device) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/

I can be more accurate for you if I can see what you're seeing.

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian