Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience
55012488

My female staff, spayed 3yr old has 1 swollen nipple i just

Customer Question

my female staff, spayed 3yr old has 1 swollen nipple i just noticed it
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Sally 3 years old
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Her name is*****: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Sally?
Customer: She has some pretty bad allergies to most proteins but i watch her diet like a hawk so i don't believe it has anything to do with tghat
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 2 months ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

There should be no sex hormone influence on the nipples of a spayed dog and so I'm wondering if the nipple is hyperplastic (benign growth of normal tissue) or perhaps traumatized/infected. Can you upload a photo(s) of this nipple to our conversation? You can upload photos by using the paperclip or add file icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see those icons on your particular device) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/

I can be more accurate for you if I can see what you're seeing.