Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

She's limping and shaking and she pooped and there seemed to

Customer Question

She's limping and shaking and she pooped and there seemed to be blood in it
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: Yes. I touched all of her paws and she doesn't flinch.
JA: The Expert will know what to do. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Lula and she is 7
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Lula?
Customer: She's a mini schnauzer, she eats primal with sweet potato. The only thing that I changed in the last few days in terms of the food she eats is she had a bully stick and I put almond bitterness in her kong instead of
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Have there been any changes to the diet? New food? New treats? Bones? Has any human food been fed? Torn up toys? Stressful changes to the environment?

Can you clarify what product was used? Almond bitterness?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi there,So earlier in the week I gave her a bully stick. She doesn't normally eat them. She seemed fine and would chew on itOn Thursday I put almond butter in her kongYesterday I left her at my brothers house. He has a dog and cat. She's been there often and never acts like this.I slept at my brothers house. She walked up the stairs just fine and jumped into the bed just fine. This morning she didn't wake me up to go pee. I thought she just wanted to sleep.When I got up to leave us house she struggle going down the stairs so I carried her. We got downstairs and she started shaking a lot. I let her go outside to pee and it looked like squatting gave her pain.She pooped and there was some red in it.Now we are in the car on the way home and every time she goes to lay down she appears to be struggling like all her limbs hurt
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I attached a photo of her poop from this morning

Can you try the pic again? It didn't attach.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I keep trying to attach it on my phone and it's not uploading to the site
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Did this work?

This does look like it's bloody. Are there any foods she might have received which could have pigmented the stool such as tomato or watermelon?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
She eats primal

Thank you for the additional information. Can you also tell me what limb she's favoring? Is this full time or part? Is she on any medication at this time?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
She's not able to walk on her back left limb but she shaving trouble getting up on her own in general

It sounds like she may be batting some arthritis and could benefit from a joint supplement like http://www.glycoflex.com products and also arthritis medication. Aspirin can be given in a pinch at home. You can find the dosing info here: http://www.veterinaryplace.com/dog-medicine/aspirin-for-dogs/ I would not start this until the GI upset is fully treated. As well, if you live in an area where ticks are common, your vet may wish to run a tick panel to be sure the symptoms are not due to a tick borne illness and may also recommend x-rays of the neck, back and hips.

Is she having any vomiting or lack of appetite today?