Kelly Hill
Kelly Hill, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  full time veterinarian at Tender Touch Veterinary Hospital
95569734

My dogs breast has enlarged to the size of an small melon,

Customer Question

My dogs breast has enlarged to the size of an small melon
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. How old is Breast?
Customer: her name is gypsy
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Breast?
Customer: Her breast has enlarged and keeps growing The previous owner had her for 14 years
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Kelly Hill replied 2 months ago.

Hi this is Dr. Hill. It sounds like Gypsy may have a mass in her mammary gland. This is not uncommon in older dogs, especially if she is not spayed. Some tumors will be cystic (pockets or fluid) but can also become infected. Gypsy needs to be seen by a local veterinarian to see if the mass is infected and to discuss whether or not to remove it. Please ask any follow up questions.