Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My chihuahua has been in heat for about 2 weeks and now

Customer Question
she's just laying in her...
My chihuahua has been in heat for about 2 weeks and now she's just laying in her bed and acts like she's sick and there's been no males around to get to her
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help your Chihuahua. What is the Chihuahua's name?
Customer: Prissy
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your Chihuahua?
Customer: No she's been healthy all her life she's about 8 years old but I also have a rescue pup who' looks to be about 1 to 2 yrs old which is a good 10 lbs. larger than prissy and very rambunctious and I don't know if she could update have hurt her in anyway, I'm usually home with them but this is our busy season so I've been working for past two weeks
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/5/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about Prissy, and I am also worried. I just came online and saw your question.

Is she eating and drinking at all? If you lift her lip to check her gums, are they a normal pink color or do they look pale at all?

I am worried that she could have an infection of the uterus, called a pyometra. Pyometra can be life threatening, so I would get her checked out as soon as possible. I would not wait until Monday. Pyometra occurs during or just after a heat and can be serious.

Please let me know how she is doing and if this is helpful. If you have any other questions, please ask.

I have not heard back from you; how is Prissy doing?

Please let me know if my answer was helpful and what other questions I can answer.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian