Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I have a 9 mth old mini schauzer who is unwell. On Thursday

Customer Question

Hi I have a 9 mth old mini schauzer who is unwell. On Thursday night he vomited in his bed during the night. I thought it was caused by him eating a few doggy treats at my sons as we caught himeating them. However Friday morning his stools were very soft and we were careful about not feeding him anything but his chicken and sweetpotatoe morning as didnt think he had a problem. He has
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the Schnauzer eat anything unusual?
Customer: He did eat some of my sons food, rice and a little mince . Not much before I rescued the dinner. I dont know how long it had been left out. My sons dog was eating it too and I think it was about8 hours . He was passing only brown water stools this morning so was gave him fresh aboria rice and a little steamed chicken breast. He seemed to improve so as it was only a small amount this afternoon I gave him more. He really perked up so my husband took him for a walk but after returning he was sick again and has 2 very small very soft stools. He is again very listless
JA: What is the Schnauzer's name and age?
Customer: Name Harold (Harry) age nearly 10 months
JA: What is the Schnauzer's name?
Customer: Did you get the rest of my email?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the Schnauzer?
Customer: No I made sure I gave him water with a seringe during the night and a little honey but he is not well what should I do.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

What is he bringing up in his vomit?

What color are the stools? Any blood?

Can he keep any water down?

Are his gums pink or white/pale? Moist or sticky?

If you press on his belly, any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?

Anything else he could have eaten (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, human meds, etc)?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Did you get my other replies? He could have swallowed a bone as he was chewing some frim a bought sun drieed lamb shank
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 months ago.

Hi again,

No this is the first one but the bone is a concern. Can you repost your previous answers to the above questions?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No thanks at this time he has livened up a bit and we will see how he goes over night. We wont feed him food just water and see how we go. I do find your sight frustrating though. Thanks again
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again,

I am sorry you have struggled with it but since he is feeling better, I will send your question back to customer service.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.