Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

Dog has Parvovirus, is at the vet on IV fluids, still will

Customer Question

Dog has Parvovirus, is at the vet on IV fluids, still will not eat. Is able to walk some. is there anything else that could be done?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: no
JA: The Expert will ask you more detailed questions to find out what is causing this. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Jax
JA: How old is Jax?
Customer: 8 months
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Jax?
Customer: he had his Parvo vaccination!
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 2 months ago.

HI this is DRB and I would be happy to help you.....so....the treatment of Parvo virus is largely supportive.....because the virus attacks the cells in the intestinal tract and this allows bacteria form the gut to get into the blood....I have done various things over the years that I feel have helped dogs.....none are proven.....I have given fresh blood transfusions to parvo patients from dogs that are well immunized to parvo and I have seen that turn dogs around.....that is a very unconventional treatment but I have seen it work..... let me check another resource I have to see what newest ideas are...be right back....

Expert:  Dr B replied 2 months ago.

Tamiflu can help in first few days of parvo...your vet can get that from CVS....it can help shorten the course...I also like to give these puppies B vitamins and glutamine in food to help heal their gut....I hope this helps...Sincerely, DRB

Please give me a positive rating as that is the only way I am compensated. A positive rating will not close this question and I am more than happy to answer any follow up questions that you have. ( You can rate me at top right of page).
Please remember my answers do not replace or supersede the advice of your veterinarian as my answers do not create a valid client patient relationship as I am unable to examine your pet. Thank you very much! DrB

Expert:  Dr B replied 2 months ago.

Let me now if you need additional help. DRB

Expert:  Dr B replied 2 months ago.

Let me know if you need additional help.....