Denise Cudiamat
Denise Cudiamat, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian
99472105

Her right eye seems to be dialated. I can literally see into

Customer Question

Her right eye seems to be dialated. I can literally see into the back of her eye.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Sadie. She will be 1 in September
JA: How old is Sadie?
Customer: 11 months old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Sadie?
Customer: No she is acting normal otherwise her eye is also not reflecting light. No green or blue or red. If I take pictures her huge pupil looks a little whitish. Only in the black part. You can barely see the brown of her eye.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Denise Cudiamat replied 2 months ago.

Hi. I’m Dr. Denise, a licensed veterinarian. I’m happy to help with your concerns regarding Sadie.

I share your concerns.

Is it just one eye?

When did you first notice the change?

Dose she seem painful? (rubbing/pawing her face)?

Are you able to post a picture (or several) of her eyes?

Since I have not heard back from you, I want to share that I'm very concerned about Sadie's eye. I recommend that you have her seen by a veterinarian ASAP (emergency vet this evening if possible). Depending on why her one pupil is dilated and her tapetum (back of her eye) is not reflecting normally, her eye may need urgent treatment.

A few different conditions (retinal detachment, lens luxation, infection, glaucoma etc) can cause the symptoms that you are seeing, and some conditions are not reversible if not treated urgently.

I wish you both all the best.

Please let me know if you are able to get Sadie to a veterinarian.

Hi. It's Dr. Denise. Just checking in on Sadie. Have you been able to have her seen by a veterinarian?

Any update on her condition?

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Denise Cudiamat