Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

He's been coughing for a month n my husband been taking him…

Customer Question
He's been coughing for...

He's been coughing for a month n my husband been taking him to the doc but he's not getting better n he has bad dandruff n he's 14 yrs old

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Coughing can be worrying. The Expert will know what you should do. What is the dog's name?

Max

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Max?

They say he has asthma n allergies

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
8/5/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Alleyne, Dog Veterinarian replied 6 months ago
Dr. Alleyne
Dr. Alleyne, Dog Veterinarian

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? How long has this been going on for? What medications has he been on already?

He bein a month with the cough dandruff like 3 yrs he bein in predispone n antibiotics n eye drops

Okay thanks for the additional information. Has he had any x-rays done of his chest? Any history of a heart condition? In addition to asthma other common causes for coughing in a older dog is heart disease. What type of dog is he?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian