Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I found a small hole near my dog's anus. The hole is

Customer Question

Hello, I found a small hole near my dog's anus. The hole is bleeding but shows no sign of pus or insects.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know what to do about this bleeding. I'll connect you ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your dog?
Customer: I have just returned from northern Wisconsin. We we in a wooded area and my dog is on flea/tick preventative.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

1- Can you post a picture on this thread?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Here are two photos - one is a closeup. Thank you.

Thank you for the pictures; I can not see much, I am sorry. I can see her anal sphincter. I would like to see her anus in relation to the hole. Can you take another picture?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Here are 4 photos. I hope they help. The bleeding has stopped and we added an anti-bacterial ointment.

Hello again, I am sorry for the delay in response I was offline by the time you came back. If you would like to continue can you give me an update?