Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My minature poodle gave birth to 3 puppies late last night…

Customer Question
My minature poodle gave...

My minature poodle gave birth to 3 puppies late last night It still feels like she might have another one. How can I tell and What can I do?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with your miniature poodle?

It feels like she might have another puppy that she didnt deliver. But she is not in destress She is eating and drinking and nursing the 3 that she had

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the miniature poodle's name?

Lola

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Lola?

She is only 8mths old! I got her from a friend and she was pregnant

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
8/4/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Altman, Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today! Please give me a few moments to type my response to your question!

I would strongly urge you to get her to a veterinary clinic in order to take an x-ray of her belly and rule out the possibility of an additional puppy and/ or a retained placenta if this is a concern

This is the only way to rule in/ out there is an additional puppy and if there is it can put Lola at risk if it is no longer viable and is still within her womb

I hope this makes sense, please have her seen at your veterinary clinic and have an x-ray taken as a precaution to calm these concerns and fears of a retained puppy...

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

I am glad to see you were able to view my responses earlier and hope Lola and her pups are recovering well. I would love an update when you are able

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both

If the information I have provided was helpful I would be grateful if you would rate our chat with the stars at the top of the screen so I am compensated for my time. Thank you and best of luck to you both, truly!

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian