DrRoyC
DrRoyC, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Owner & Veterinarian at Steeplechase Animal Hospital
98743513

I have a 4 year old shelter adoptee Basset Hound that had

Customer Question

I have a 4 year old shelter adoptee Basset Hound that had heartworms but we successfully treated her and she is free of heartworms but she has had to be very sedate during her treatment and we are just starting to walk again in the coolest part of the day but I noticed today that she has what appears to be a fluid filled cyst/blister on the exterior side of her front paw...it doesn't seem to bother her even when I saw and touched it. Any thoughts...? She doesn't lick it...she doesn't limp as if in pain and it was not there two days ago...about the size of a nickel.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: Yes...no wound
JA: The Expert will know what to do. What is the Basset Hound's name?
Customer: Sweet Olive
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the Basset Hound?
Customer: Just tremendously healthy...sweet natured and we do have an appointment next month but I'm wondering if the hot pavement and being keep sedate for 4 months has increased her weight by 10 pounds. She is a BIG Basset and weighs 60 pounds but her vet said she is not overweight.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  DrRoyC replied 2 months ago.
Customerresponding to your questions and concerns regarding Sweet Olive.
Can you upload photos?
Please measure daily with a ruler in mm vs inches so you can monitor progress.
Expert:  DrRoyC replied 2 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Customer
Expert:  DrRoyC replied 2 months ago.
Customerfollowing up on Sweet Olive, how is the foot?