Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My 9 month old boxer dog ate a dead bird and I'm worried…

Customer Question
My 9 month old boxer...
My 9 month old boxer dog ate a dead bird and I'm worried he's ok ATM
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
8/4/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr Linda, Dog Veterinarian replied 9 months ago
Dr Linda
Dr Linda, Dog Veterinarian

Hello, this is Dr. Linda. I hope I can help with your concerns about Watson.

Leave it to a boxer pup to find some mischief. He will be just fine as the acids in his stomach will dissolve all parts of the bird ( or he may just vomit it back up). He will not pick up any diseases from the bird, regardless of what it died from, because there is nothing that can be passed from the bird ( dead & all ). This is a common & everyday occurrence in the lives of many young dogs, so nothing to worry about.

I hope this makes sense & you find the information helpful. Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Thank you.

Dr Linda
Dr Linda
Dr Linda, Dog Veterinarian