Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Qyes help i'm dog sitting a golden lab puppy....he got into…

Customer Question
Qyes help...

Qyes help i'm dog sitting a golden lab puppy....he got into some old potting soil ate about a cup and half..don t 'know if harmful

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if the puppy will be able to digest that. What is the Golden's name?

Corona..is there a charge

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the puppy?

No i'm dog sitting have no transportation

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
8/4/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Deb, Dog Veterinarian replied 11 months ago
Dr. Deb
Dr. Deb, Dog Veterinarian

Hello, I'm Dr. Deb and will do my best to help with this concern about Corona.

Unless the potting soil was moldy... and there's no reason to think that it would be...ingestion of this much potting soil shouldn't be harmful for her.

She might bring some of it back up within 30 minutes or so after swallowing such a quantity of it, in which case, I wouldn't feed her for several hours.

She might also develop diarrhea in 12-24 hours in which case a bland diet of chicken and rice should return to the stools to normal within a relatively short period of time.

More than likely, she'll pass this substance with no problems whatsoever.

I hope this helps to reassure you about her. Deb