Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My puppy has stepped into some dryed up Burr Butter-cup. It…

Customer Question
My puppy has stepped...

My puppy has stepped into some dryed up Burr Butter-cup. It makes these little hard stickery burrs that I thought she was not hving a problem with because I never saw her limping from them. WRONG!! I got home today and she was whinning and licking her front paws constantly. The poor thing, I put some salve on her feet and then wrapped them , but she is still in alot of pain. Thus my question. Is there anything I can give her that won't make her sick or kill her? She is about an eight pound puppy. I plan on taking her to the Vet. tomorrow, but she needs something until then ( I hope ).

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

No wound . it's affecting both of her front paws and she is very sensitive to me even barely touching them. That's why I believe she has tiny stickers in them that have been there for awhile and now are feztering and causing her great pain.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Maggie.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Maggie?

She is 10 weeks old and as of tomorrow, she will have had her 2nd puppy shot.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
8/4/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 9 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

How much does Maggie weigh?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian