Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Our 12+ yr old lab, since a hot humid day in April seem to

Customer Question

our 12+ yr old lab, since a hot humid day in April seem to pant until she got into air conditioning. It appeared on her normal 1 mile walks about halfway into it then it began. No wheezing. then back into the house it went away. Vet says heart & lungs strong. Blood panel good. Last night heavy heat & humidity. when she goes out gets to the grass she sniffs, listens to sounds no panting. Start to walk back to the house and it begins again. Last night she couldn't settle down, got her into the air conditioned room rubbed her belly and she slept great no painting . Seems like when she gets excited, hot or physical activity picks up All seems heat related environment. She eats, drinks and voids properly.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: Any ideas?
JA: Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the animal. What is the's name and age?
Customer: Brian
JA: How old is Brian?
Customer: 12years 4mos
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Brian?
Customer: Sorry her name is ***** ***** to swim, we live on a lake, not as long or no jumping in when she was younger. She had an allergy to dust mites when younger and we gave her shots for one year and beat it. She has always been anxious to noise, and new environments.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share a video of what Moose is doing?

Are you hearing any louder than normal sounds when she does pant?

Do you have a copy of bloodwork to share?