Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog has lately become really sensitive to touch along his…

Customer Question
My dog has lately...

My dog has lately become really sensitive to touch along his back and sides, he is on a raw diet with added herbs but he seems to be prone to mosquito bites and I'm wondering if that's what is causing it. My other 2 dogs are fed the same diet but don't seem to be affected

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the dog's name and age?

His name is ***** ***** is a 2 year deaf American x old English bulldog

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Bronson?

No he is normally pretty healthy

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
8/4/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 8 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you tell me what symptoms you see from Bronson? Is he painful? itching? any bumps on the skin?

What flea prevention is he on and when was it last applied or dosed?

Not painful but itching and hives along his side, advantage flea applied last week and I add garlic 2/3times a week to his food

Can you share a few pictures of what you're seeing?

Have any medications been tried?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian