Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog is losing a lot of blood. at first there was a little

Customer Question

my dog is losing a lot of blood. at first there was a little in her urine. Now it seems like it all blood. SHe stopped eating and drinking yesterday. now shes lethargic
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help your dog. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Sassy. She's eleven.
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: I dont think she will make it through the night
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your dog?
Customer: No.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

If you believe she's critical, she needs to be examined immediately at your local veterinary ER. Do you need help finding a location?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
We are in a rural area. I don't think she will make the trip. She is not going too make it through the night. If she does, I can take her in the morning. What could the problem be. She was fine up until 2 days ago. Then the blood in the urine started. She stopped eating and then stopped drinking. She is losing blood from her urethra just laying there.

Is she intact or spayed?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
She is spayed. But it is too late. That is why I didn't respond. She passed away in my arms at 214am. Thank you for trying to help.