Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog is losing a lot of blood. at first there was a little…

Customer Question
My dog is losing...

My dog is losing a lot of blood. at first there was a little in her urine. Now it seems like it all blood. SHe stopped eating and drinking yesterday. now shes lethargic

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help your dog. What is the dog's name and age?

Sassy. She's eleven.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

I dont think she will make it through the night

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
8/4/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 11 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

If you believe she's critical, she needs to be examined immediately at your local veterinary ER. Do you need help finding a location?

We are in a rural area. I don't think she will make the trip. She is not going too make it through the night. If she does, I can take her in the morning. What could the problem be. She was fine up until 2 days ago. Then the blood in the urine started. She stopped eating and then stopped drinking. She is losing blood from her urethra just laying there.

Is she intact or spayed?

She is spayed. But it is too late. That is why I didn't respond. She passed away in my arms at 214am. Thank you for trying to help.