Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

An 7.5yr old boxer. He started mildely limping about 2 weeks…

Customer Question
An 7.5yr old boxer ...

An 7.5yr old boxer

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the boxer?

He started mildely limping about 2 weeks ago. His foot was swollen and had a fungus infection he also had some of the infection on the inside of his thigh. I treated it with Teatree oil and he was limping a little less and was good for a few days but today he is limping terrible, inside his thigh is red and he is severely favoring his foot but no sign of any fungus

Veterinarian's Assistant: Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

Yes, there was but not anymore

Veterinarian's Assistant: The Expert will know what to do. What is the boxer's name?

Napoleon

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Napoleon?

He might have had a lot of glucosamine his food has it and I add some to his food as well I have 3 joint medications for him

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
8/4/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 8 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share pictures of what you're seeing?

Hello. I will in the am when we go for a walk. I think it might have been an overdose of Glucosamin. I will send you pictures when I am walking him.

Perfect. Video should also work.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian