Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog is throwing up with some foam and not eating very…

Customer Question
My dog is throwing...

My dog is throwing up with some white foam and not eating very much for the past 2 days.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did your dog eat anything unusual?

Not that I know of.

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. The Expert will know what to do. What is the dog's name?

Coco

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Coco?

It's been hot the last few days.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/3/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian replied 9 months ago
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I am not set up to do phone calls but would be happy to answer any questions you do have online. IF YOU GET REQUEST FOR A PHONE CALL, IT IS FROM THE WEBSITE AND NOT MYSELF. JUST IGNORE IT. In order to give an informative and concise answer, it may take a few minutes before I respond back to you, so don't be alarmed if you don't hear back immediately. If you have not responded back in 10 minutes, it may be a longer before I can get back to you. I do have a couple more questions, though, to see if I can better assess your situation.

How is her activity level?

About how much is her appetite down?

Any diarrhea?

Is she having coughing fits before this?

She is slow moving around, not wanting to play or anything else. She eats maybe a cup of dry food a day. I gave her a half a can of wet food last night, she kept most of it down. Haven't seen and diarrhea. Not coughing, just throws up.

Thanks. As mentioned previously, I am not able to make phone calls. I can opt out to see if another veterinarian is online that can, or we can continue the conversation online.

Do not call me my husband is taking her to our vet right now.

That sounds like a good idea. Let me know if you have further concerns.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian