Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

I have an American dog mixed with pit. He's 4 years old and…

Customer Question
I have an American...

I have an American bull dog mixed with pit bull . He's 4 years old and recently has a swollen and almost bulging around the stifle and down to his paw . I'm not sure what's wrong with him ?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the pit's name?

Budah

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Budah?

It's also red going down from the stifle .

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
8/3/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Richard Rawling,
 replied 6 months ago
Richard Rawling

Hi, i`m Richard, a Veterinarian from the UK. Hopefully I can help today.

Dog Veterinarian: Richard Rawling,
 replied 6 months ago

Are you able to send a picture of the swelling?

Dog Veterinarian: Richard Rawling,
 replied 6 months ago

That looks like a generalized cellulitis possibly as a consequence of the cystic type lesion between his middle toes. Has he seen a vet about this so far?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian