Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My mixed pit has a large hard mass in her thigh. I have

Customer Question

My mixed pit bull has a large hard mass in her thigh. I have noticed other softer masses under the skin. She has Cushings Disease and fluid on the heart. I noticed she strains to poop, then is see liquid poop around her rectum. She pants a lot and has trouble getting comfortable. I am at a loss as what to do.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the pit's name and age?
Customer: Her name is***** and she is 11 years old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Bobbie?
Customer: She is on Vetoryl, Lassix, and Tramadol. Dx with Cushings Disease and Fluid on the heart.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share pictures of what you're seeing?

Are the masses bothering her?

Is she passing normal consistency stool or liquid?

Has her thyroid been checked?

How much does she weigh and how much tramadol is given at each dosing? how often?