Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

We are treating his pads with neosporin and he licked a

Customer Question
We are treating his...

We are treating his pads with neosporin and he licked a bunch of it off.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?

Rip, 7

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Rip

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?

I don't think so. He is up to date on all his shots. We have been on vacation and walking on tar and playing a lot on beaches with a lot of shells and noticed Ok

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
8/3/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Joan, Vet Tech replied 6 months ago
Joan
Joan, Vet Tech

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years. I would love to assist you.

If you are using plain Neosporin, the most you may see is some diarrhea.What I suggest is after you treat the paw pads, you can get some baby socks and put them on the feet until the Nesporin has absorbed. There is a product called Mushers Secret that is used on the paw pads to protect them in rough terrain to protect the pads. If he does get diarrhea you can go to a bland diet of 1 part chicken breats, 3 parts white rice and a coule of spoon fulls of pure canned pumpkin to help with the diarrhea. Please hit reply to discuss this information.

Joan

Joan
Joan
Joan, Vet Tech