Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My 13 year old boxer has been dry heaving for the past hour…

Customer Question
My 13 year old...

My 13 year old boxer has been dry heaving for the past hour and throwing up foam. He seems to be calming down abit now but I am still worried about him.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the Boxer eat anything unusual?

No I he had dinner, his medicine and I ran to the store and when I got back he started and thank you.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the Boxer?

He is on phenobarbital to control seizures. He has been on them since last sept with no problems and my lab\chow is acting fine.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
8/3/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 11 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Have there been any changes to the diet? New food? New treats? Bones? Has any human food been fed? Torn up toys? Stressful changes to the environment?