Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog has serious separation anxiety and barks non stop in

Customer Question

my dog has serious separation anxiety and barks non stop in my absence - he has successfully used clomicalm in the past but I do not want to take him to the vet which just furthers his anxiety. Can I get a prescription online?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with your dog?
Customer: my dog has serious separation anxiety and barks non stop in my absence - he has successfully used clomicalm in the past but I do not want to take him to the vet which just furthers his anxiety. Can I get a prescription online?
JA: Where does your dog seem to hurt?
Customer: my dog has serious separation anxiety and barks non stop in my absence - he has successfully used clomicalm in the past but I do not want to take him to the vet which just furthers his anxiety. Can I get a prescription online?
JA: Can you see anything that looks wrong or different?
Customer: my dog has serious separation anxiety and barks non stop in my absence - he has successfully used clomicalm in the past but I do not want to take him to the vet which just furthers his anxiety. Can I get a prescription online?
JA: Is your dog eating normally?
Customer: my dog has serious separation anxiety and barks non stop in my absence - he has successfully used clomicalm in the past but I do not want to take him to the vet which just furthers his anxiety. Can I get a prescription online?
JA: Is your dog having trouble peeing or pooing?
Customer: my dog has serious separation anxiety and barks non stop in my absence - he has successfully used clomicalm in the past but I do not want to take him to the vet which just furthers his anxiety. Can I get a prescription online?
JA: How is your dog behaving differently?
Customer: my dog has serious separation anxiety and barks non stop in my absence - he has successfully used clomicalm in the past but I do not want to take him to the vet which just furthers his anxiety. Can I get a prescription online?
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: my dog has serious separation anxiety and barks non stop in my absence - he has successfully used clomicalm in the past but I do not want to take him to the vet which just furthers his anxiety. Can I get a prescription online?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your dog?
Customer: my dog has serious separation anxiety and barks non stop in my absence - he has successfully used clomicalm in the past but I do not want to take him to the vet which just furthers his anxiety. Can I get a prescription online?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Scott Perry replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** and I am a veterinarian that can answer your question. I just wanted to let you know that state regulations prohibit veterinarians from being able to write prescriptions on your dog without first performing a physical exam. I am sorry about that, but no veterinarian here will be able to write a prescription for Clomicalm. Please let me know if you have any other questions.