Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

Our miniature schnauzer chewed a "string ball" until he

Customer Question

Our miniature schnauzer chewed a "string ball" until he reached the middle and then ate the ball. He threw up a multitude of very small rubber pieces this morning, but is now acting pretty lethargic. What to do?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the Miniature Schnauzer?
Customer: He eats everything!
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 2 months ago.

HI this is DRB and I would be happy to help you with this.....only thing you can do in this situation is go to vet ER. They need to examine him and will likley need to take some xrays of his tummy.....These pieces can get caught in the intestinal tract and literally saw right through the intestines which leads to death......foreign body ingestion is very serious so please take your dog in asap.Let me know if you have additional questions. Sincerely, DRB

Please give me a positive rating as that is the only way I am compensated. A positive rating will not close this question and I am more than happy to answer any follow up questions that you have. ( You can rate me at top right of page).
Please remember my answers do not replace or supersede the advice of your veterinarian as my answers do not create a valid client patient relationship as I am unable to examine your pet. Thank you very much! DrB