Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog's right front leg at the ankle does not support her it turns under what can i do, yes and i find nothing she only

Customer Question
Her right front leg...

Her right front leg at the ankle does not support her it turns under what can i do

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

Yes and i find nothing she only barley act like it might hurt when i press on the bones in the front of the foot she is 15 and has arthritis but a week ago she jumped out the back door and I saw her lim it seems to get some better and then not

Veterinarian's Assistant: The Expert will know what to do. What is the dog's name?

Abby

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Abby?

She has high enzymes in her liver and I give her uridosl for it

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
8/3/2017
Dog Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 1 year ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Is she on any medication for arthritis?

Were any diagnostics performed following the injury?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
she just started dasuquin. She was on anti inflammatory pain pill twice a day but the new vet where I moved took her off of that and put her on this dasuquin. Only diagnose was by myself and she showed no sign of injury except the limp. I checked her foot leg ankle and shoulder. She only slightly responds when I touch the top of her foot. she lets her foot bend under her , limps. She got better and now it is worse.

If this has improved and worsened, she needs to be examined and x-rays likely need to be taken to rule out the potential of a fracture. Your vet will also want to be sure she has not injured a ligament which may make it impossible for her leg to bear her weight. If this is not an option, consider a brace such as a carpal splint: https://www.handicappedpets.com/walkin-carpal-splint

I hope this information has been helpful. I will be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further. Also, before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. A 5-star rating is appreciated as top notch answers are my focus. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply so that I may help until you’ve received the assistance you need. Until you issue a rating, the website will not compensate me for helping you. You will still be able to chat with me even after issuing a rating at no further charge on this thread.

I will also check in with you over the next few days to be sure you don’t need any additional assistance. If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

Checking in. How is Abby today?