Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions
Hello, I'm Dr Gary. I've been practicing veterinary medicine since 2007. I look forward to helping with your questions/ concerns.
Any mold can potentially cause neurologic signs- muscle tremors and seizures.
This will usually happen within hours of ingesting the mold. Once you're out a good 8-12 hours, you should be in the clear as far as developing toxicity.
If you do see neurologic signs, then you should get to a vet for symptomatic care- fluids to flush the system and Methocarbamol, a muscle relaxant, for the tremors.
I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.
You're welcome. Happy to help.