Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My puppy of 4months old swallowed my advil sinus pill hes 35…

Customer Question
My puppy of 4months...

My puppy of 4months old swallowed my advil sinus pill hes 35 lbs

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if your puppy will be able to digest that. What is the puppy's name?

Carson

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Carson?

Mp he seems fine happened 30 minutes ago hes a standard poodle

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
8/2/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I am not set up to do phone calls but would be happy to answer any questions you do have online. IF YOU GET REQUEST FOR A PHONE CALL, IT IS FROM THE WEBSITE AND NOT MYSELF. JUST IGNORE IT. I would go ahead and induce vomiting now. Give 30 mls (2 tablespoons or 1 ounce) of 3% hydrogen peroxide orally. That can be repeated in 10 minutes once if there is no vomiting. Do this now, and I will be back with you in that time frame.

My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. IF YOU ARE SATISFIED WITH MY ANSWER, PLEASE RATE IT. Rating it is the only way I get compensated for helping you, and we can still continue our conversation after rating. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Asking more specific questions usually helps a lot. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet.

Have you seen any vomiting yet?

Hello. I was just following up to see how Carson is doing and to see if you have any other questions.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian