Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Is this advice I have to pay for, She is 14 she has

Customer Question
Is this advice I...

Is this advice I have to pay for

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the dog?

She is 14 she has dementia, I just noticed yesterday this rattling like vibrating sound coming from her. I heard it again this morning and I held her head and about and it's coming from that area.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the dog's name?

Pepper

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?

She does this running thing where she runs from the front door as dad as she can into the back sliding glass door and she hits it hard and as hit her head at times too. She will just keep going until sometimes I can pin her down.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
8/2/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Meghan Denney, Dog Veterinarian replied 11 months ago
Dr. Meghan Denney
Dr. Meghan Denney, Dog Veterinarian

Hi I am Dr. Denney. I am currently reviewing your post now. Please give me a few minutes to type my response. Thank you for trusting us with your question. This service is used for general information only and is no substitute for a veterinarian patient relationship by examination.

Is Pepper still able to see?

Does it seem like the sound is nasal in origin?

Any sneezing or discharge ?

Have you tried any canine cognitive dysfunction therapies yet?

Providing some of the additional information requested will help me to better advise you on how to proceed with Pepper