Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Dog swallowed a small piece of my priest erode pill just now, Zoey she is a pug 2 years old, Zoey, No

Customer Question
She swallowed a small...

She swallowed a small piece of my priest erode pill just now

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?

Zoey she is a pug 2 years old

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the pug's name?

Zoey

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/2/2017
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 6 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

Finasteride? I might dose a dog with as much as 5 mg and so Zoey will remain safe. Gastrointestinal effects are possible - inappetence, vomiting and/or diarrhea. There's no need to induce emesis or treat in any manner. Please respond with further questions or concerns. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

Progesterone
A little piece of the pill

Thank you! Even egregious one-time doses of progesterone are of no significance in dogs. Don't give it a second thought. Zoey will remain unaffected. Please continue our conversation if you wish.

Thank you!!!

You're quite welcome. I can't set a follow-up in this venue so please return to our conversation - even after rating - with an update at your convenience. You can bookmark this page for ease of return.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian